Wednesday, January 05, 2005

It's a murder....mystery.

I don't think I ever got around to posting about my company's holiday party. Perhaps it's because the holidays themselves were pretty busy. And maybe it's because work has been kicking my butt since November. Or maybe it's because I never get around to updating in general. I think option 3 is the best bet. I want to update more. I really do. I'm going to make more of a concentrated effort to do just that.

Alright, back to the party. Last year's holiday party was actually in late January because of something and something else. Who knows why. And it was at the aquarium, which was a pretty cool venue, or scary depending on how you look at it. Everything was really dark except for all of the fish tanks, so to some people that might have been a little frightening. You know what was really frightening though? There was no open bar. And the drinks at the cash bar were expensive. So not much drinking went down, which is acceptable, but it just made the whole party nice and tame and pleasant. Those kinds of company parties are no good. I want to see my superiors hammered and making fools of themselves. I want to hear about inappropriate groping the next week. I want to see people dancing on tables. But alas, not last year.

Come to think of it, not really this year either. The party was held at a ranch, and we did have an open bar for 2 hours, which got everyone relaxed enough to have a good time. And there was a murder mystery dinner and really cool door prizes. And that is about all I remember? For I was sick. To combat the sickness I took a few shots of daytime cough medicine. Then my sister, who is a nurse I might add, said it would be okay to have a few beers after doing this. People, it is not okay to do this. After two beers I was drunk. Very drunk. Embarrassing drunk. Why would my sister, the nurse, tell me this? She might be trying to kill me off.

The entire dinner I felt like I was underwater. I just sat at my table staring at my plate. I would turn my head and it felt like my eyes followed about 1 minute later. My pupils were huge and it felt like all of these noises and people were floating around my head. The murder mystery people kept walking around and screaming their lines out, and I could not focus and became increasingly confused about everything. I really had no idea what was going on. And my date just watched all of this in amusement, doing the best she could to help out. She checked my pupils for me and made sure I wasn't doing anything too embarrassing. She kept encouraging me to eat more bread, but I didn't even know about this bread substance. I'm not sure I've ever felt that delirious before. It was awesome!

To top it all off, I sobered up in time for the door prizes and I won a DVD player. I really wanted the iPod, but was happy with just winning. Well actually, it was my date's ticket that won it. I think. I'm not sure. I don't remember...I was drunk.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home